8 Questions to Ask Your Agent
· Why did you become a real estate agent?
· Why should I work with you?
· What do you do better than other real estate agents?
· What process will you use to help me find the right home for my particular wants and needs?
· What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction and how would you handle them?
· What are some mistakes that you think people make when buying their first home?
· What other professionals do you suggest we work with and what are their credentials?
· Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?
Qualifications are important. However, finding a solid, professional agent means getting beyond the resume, and into what makes an agent effective.
7 Main Roles of Your Agent
· Educates you about your market.
· Analyzes your wants and needs.
· Guides you to homes that fit criteria.
· Coordinates the work of other needed professionals.
· Negotiates on your behalf.
· Double-checks paperwork & deadlines.
· Solves any problems that may arise.